- Black Felt Poker Table Top Table
- Poker Table
- Black Felt Poker Table Top Felt Layout 2017
- Black Felt Poker Table Top Game
- Black Felt Poker Table Top For Pool Table
- Felt Poker Table Cover
As I write this, WSOP 2018 is in full swing, so I thought this would be a good time to update my recommendations on folding poker table tops for home games.
These new recommendations aren't based simply on my personal opinion, instead they're based on analysis of more than 1,300 opinions from people who have bought or used them - you can read more about that in the Methodology section at the end of this guide.
Jul 15, 2020 The Barrington Collection 10-seater poker table is available in two different skins—blue felt playing surface with a black faux-leather armrest, or black felt playing surface with a brown armrest. There’s a Barrington poker table to match any decor.
As an experienced casino and live tournament player myself, I've also provided some advice for those of you who don't have much experience with poker tables.
- The Best Folding Poker Table Tops
Tabletop Casino Felt Layout for Texas Holdem Poker and Blackjack - Premium Professional Grade Blackjack and Poker Mat for, Theme Party, Poker Night, Fundraisers & Gatherings 4.4 out of 5 stars 271 $29.99 $ 29. 99 $39.99 $39.99. Texas Hold'Em Table Top is Here! This 8 player position poker table comes complete with removable trays for poker chips and a drink holder. The tables felt is marked with a yellow border, signifying the 'live area' in which to bet and where your community cards would lie. This table top has a really nice feel to it. The best thing about this. If you keep your table in a bustling game room, consider a poker table cover to protect the felt from spills and other potential damage. For an elegant and classic game table in your family room, consider a sleek black poker table with leather trim or a homey oak poker table with cushioned chairs to match.
Poker Table Top Buying Advice
Having a proper felt table is much better than playing your home games on a regular kitchen table top. Not only do they add a touch of class to the game but cards also slide more predictably across the surface resulting in fewer misdeals.
Size: For octagonal tops the main consideration is how much space it takes up when bagged and stored. Many people use their poker tops on tables which are larger with many people using 48' tops on 60' (5 feet) round tables. They can also be used on square tables. I personally prefer a top that's slightly larger than the table it's sitting on, however you have to be careful not to knock the top and topple everyone's chips when sitting down. Octagonal tops are usually measured from point to point, not side to side. For oval tables the main consideration, other than folded size, is that length is similar to the table it's going on so people at the ends don't have to reach too far, but it doesn't have to be an exact fit.
Playing Surface: All the tops recommended below have a felt playing surface, however some of them are decorated and some aren't. One issue that often arises with cheaper tops that are decorated is that the markings are printed on with inks or dyes that are sometimes sticky. This isn't always an issue for home players, but anyone experienced at dealing on a professional table will get frustrated with the way cards can stick to the paint when sliding across the surface.
Portability: Although most folding tops come with carry bags, the quality of the bags tends to vary a lot. If you're planning on carrying the top around with you, pay special attention to the review analyses below.
Folds: The more folds a top has, the smaller it generally is when stowed away, however the folds can crease over time leading to cards getting caught sometimes leading to misdeals. To minimize the risk of this happening, get one with the least number of folds for its type if folded size isn't a concern for you.
Extras: Some tops come with extras such as cards and chips. Generally these tend to be lower quality cards than I prefer - see my card recommendation below for a better option. Also bundled chips tend to be lower quality plastic ones that are okay for some, but not for players used to the weight and feel of standard clay based chips, after all a good set of chips can cost more than many table tops.
|I've organized this table to show the highest rated small, medium, and large size poker table tops in each of the two categories - click on model names for detailed meta reviews further down the page.|
Octagon Poker Table Tops
|MD Sports ARC046_027M||Small: 46' x 46'||832||15+||$51|
|HomCom B8-0001||Medium: 48' x 48'||880||125+||$55|
|Trademark Poker 10-11652||Large: 51' x 51'||842||150+||$95|
Oval Poker Table Tops
|IDS Home 4-Fold 63'||Small: 63' x 35'||920||10+||$53|
|Gaintex TY557993||Medium: 71' x 35'||900||30+||$48|
|JP Commerce TX3||Large: 82' x 40'||826||15+||$120|
Octagon Poker Table Top Meta Reviews
MD Sports ARC046_027M
PolyRated / Sources: 832 / 15+
Median Price / Sources: $51 / 3
Brand: MD Sports
Folded Size: 23.325' W x 23.325' L x 2.5' H
Included Extras: Cards & Chips
Total Weight: 23.1 lb
At only 46' across, this is one of the smallest options currently available. It folds 2 ways making it much smaller than most other options when folded.
It comes with a carry bag and a basic deck of cards. It only includes a 100 piece chip set which is not really enough for 8 players, so if you don't have chips already you'll need to buy some more.
It's made from particle board (MDF) with plastic cup and chip holders.
PolyRated / Sources: 880 / 125+
Median Price / Sources: $55 / 4
Folded Size: 23.75' W x 47.25' L x 1.25' H
Included Extras: None
Total Weight: 22 lb
The HomCom B8-0001 has the highest ratings out of all the octagonal table tops on the market which seems to be due to its value for money in the 48' segment.
It has the most common size for an octagonal poker table top at 48' across. As you can see from the picture on the right, it uses a single fold - this does make it larger when folded than some options, but it also means there is one less join leading to fewer issues over time as it's packed away and taken out time and again for use.
The manufacturer says it's made from solid wood, however 1 reviewer said it's more likely plywood. In addition to the green felt on top, the back is covered with black felt so there's no risk of it scratching your table. The removable chip/cup holders are molded plastic. The carry bag is made from nylon.
Trademark Poker 10-11652
PolyRated / Sources: 842 / 150+
Median Price / Sources: $95 / 7
Brand: Trademark Poker
Folded Size: 52' W x 26' L x 3.5' H
Included Extras: None
Total Weight: 30 lb
I mainly play on oval tables, however if I needed to get an octagonal table then after examining so many reviews, this is the one I would get.
The raised padding around the edge means you don't have to worry about cards or chips falling off the edge when sliding across the table, and from personal experience they're much more comfortable when resting your arms on them.
At the time of publication, I'm still waiting on Trademark Poker to confirm what type of wood it's made from, but I can tell you that the padded sides and the bottom surface are made from vinyl. The carry bag is made from nylon.
Oval Poker Table Top Meta Reviews
IDS Home 4-Fold 63'
PolyRated / Sources: 920 / 10+
Median Price / Sources: $53 / 3
Brand: IDS Home
Open Size: 63' L x 35' W
Folded Size: 32.3' L x 16.5' W x 3.2' H
Included Extras: None
Total Weight: 21 lb
This top has good ratings but it's usually only bought by people with a small table to put it on - most people opt for one of the larger sizes below.
The manufacture hasn't yet provided me with detailed specifications, but based on user reports it's made with solid feeling wood.
It also comes with a carry bag as you see in the picture.
PolyRated / Sources: 900 / 30+
Median Price / Sources: $48 / 3
Open Size: 71' L x 35' W
Folded Size: 18' L x 36' W x 1' H
Included Extras: None
Total Weight: 29 lb although some owners report that it's actually a few pounds heavier than that.
Black Felt Poker Table Top Table
This top is made from MDF wood with a felt top and PVC carry bag using its 4 segmented folding design.
JP Commerce TX3
PolyRated / Sources: 826 / 15+
Median Price / Sources: $120 / 5
Brand: JP Commerce
Open Size: 82' L x 40' W
Folded Size: 40' L x 37' W
Included Extras: None
Total Weight: 51 lb
NB: This top does not come with a carry bag.
Despite this top having lower ratings than the 2 smaller options above (possibly due to its higher price tag), this is the option I would choose for myself after having personally read all the reviews for all the options recommended in this guide.
It's built from solid wood and is nice and heavy (51 lb) to ensure it sits firmly on your table. I personally prefer a more weighty table for this reason, after all you spend more time playing on it than you do carrying it around. It also has padded sides which is a big plus for me.
Due to its 3-fold design, it takes up more space when folded than other options, however this also leads to a smoother playing surface with fewer creases.
If you're still using basic playing cards then you should get a set of Copag cards. These are the only ones I ever recommend - in my opinion they are superior to all other sets of cards because they don't easily mark or get creased. Not only do they last for years, it's very difficult for a cheat to bend or crease the corners to mark them during play. The first set I bought lasted for over 10 years!
Folding Poker Table Top Selection Methodology
*All of the products recommended above were selected based on their PolyRated scores out of 1000.
These scores were calculated by analyzing reports and reviews by owners and users, assigning a score to each source and then processing those scores algorithmically to produce an overall score that reflects market sentiment about the product.
The analysis included over 1,300 review sources of 18 models from 9 brands: Brybelly, Da Vinci, Giantex, GLD Products, HomCom, IDS Home, JP Commerce, MD Sports and Trademark Poker.
The models with the highest rating in each category for each of the 3 sizes were then selected to be recommended above.
We spent over 50 hours researching and testing over 15 different types and kinds of poker tables and found that space available, cost, and size were the most important factors for consumers who were shopping for poker tables. HOMCOM Deluxe Foldable Table Top scored high marks in all categories and is our overall top pick. This professional style poker table top is foldable and provides plenty of room for as many as 8 players at a time. The octagonal shape is appealing and looks great in a home, man-cave, or den and the foldable design makes it easy to store when you are not using it.
Poker Table Reviews
A good poker table is the main stay of having a great poker game. Kitchen tables are fine for family but if you want to have a regular poker game, the tone you set can make a big difference in the enjoyment of the game. There are many things to consider when it comes to finding the right poker table for your needs. With all of the choices that are available, it can get confusing pretty fast.
We have provided you with a few tools that will help you determine your needs and then help you find the right table with the right features that will meet those needs. First, we have provided reviews of the three top-rated poker tables on the market so you can see their special features and benefits. All three of these selections are popular with poker players of all levels for their quality, style, and space.
We have also included a buying guide that provides all the information you need on common features poker tables have to how to choose the right table. This information will be very helpful in eliminating the guesswork involved in choosing a poker table.
23 products considered
15 products reviewed
50 hours reviewing
Best Overall Poker Table
This professional-style foldable table top poker table features solid wood construction and a green felt surface that feels and looks just like the real casino tables.
The octagonal shape accommodates up to 8 players and measures 48” x 48”. The molded chip trays and cup holders make the game even more fun and accommodate a cold soda or beer while you are playing the game.
The folding design makes set up and take down easy so you can remove the table when you are not playing. It also makes it easy to take on the road with you thanks to the convenient carrying bag. You can even take this great table top on camping trips, tailgating parties, and much more.
The HOMCOM table top is perfect for Blackjack, Texas Hold’em, Poker, and Mahjong as well as any other type of card game. This table will transform your game night into something really special and authentic feeling. The steel frame provides plenty of stability and durability as does the HDPE lumber used to make the table top.
– Jonathan Maxwell
Best Overall Poker Table – Runner Up
Giantex portable table top features a three-fold design that makes it easy to set up and easy to store. The large play top allows 8 players to play comfortably, making it the perfect table for a regular card game night no matter what your game of choice is. There is no assembly required with this table top as it comes already together.
The built-in cup holders and racks for your poker chips complete the scene for the most authentic poker game experience you can have. The handle makes it easy to take with you to a friend’s house, camping, tailgating, or anywhere you want to play.
Each play area features five pre-drilled slots and a card position. There is plenty of room in the center so all players can reach the cards easily. You can use this table for many card games including Craps, Blackjack, and Poker. It is the perfect table to take your poker games to the next level.
– Jonathan Maxwell
Another great Giantex poker product is this 48” folding poker table top that features an appealing octagonal design that works on any table.
Up to 8 players can play at this table comfortably. The foldable design makes this table top easy to transport anywhere you want to play as well as storing conveniently.
The built-in cup holders and chip racks are at each playing area so every player can have a drink and their chips in a convenient, contained way.
The dark green felt and black accents make this attractive table the perfect way to take your poker games to the next level. This is the perfect table for regular poker games or blackjack games.
– Jonathan MaxwellSummary of Our Top Picks
The three top-rated poker tables we have featured above offer everything you want for your regular poker games. All three selections feature dark green felt, built in cup holders and chip trays to enhance the whole poker game experience. All three are foldable and make it easy to transport them anywhere you want to go including a friend’s house, tailgating party, camping trip, or the in-laws house for the holidays.
Taking the time to learn about the different poker tables available makes it much easier to sort through the different selections available. Many people love playing poker and start out using the kitchen table. These foldable, portable poker table tops enhance the experience, giving your regular poker games an authentic feel that everyone will love.
Once you are ready to purchase a poker table considering one of the featured selections above is a great place to start. If none of these tables are what you are looking for we have added 7 more great selections that you can consider as well.
5. Fat Cat
9. Hot Hand Poker
Poker Table Comparison
|Size (in)||48.00 x 48.00||73.00 x 32.00||48.00 x 48.00||48.00 x 48.00||51.00 x 51.00||36.00 x 78.50||70.00 x 35.00||73.50 x 32.00||84.00 x 32.00||36.00 x 78.50|
Black Felt Poker Table Top Felt Layout 2017
Poker Table Buying Guide
There are three important factors you should consider before you invest in a poker table. We have listed these three considerations below.
- How often will you play? – The type of poker table you choose depends on how often you will be playing. If you play poker every week without fail and often have poker marathons, getting a real poker table would be a good idea. If you play once in a while, switch homes for your poker games each week, or like to play on camping trips, tailgating events and holidays, a poker table top is just the thing for your needs.
- Choosing your table online – Look at the product description of any poker table you are considering. You want to make sure that they have the features you are looking for so read the description carefully and take a look at the customer comments to see if they have provided any additional information. Make note of the features you are looking for and check to be certain that each poker table or table top you are looking for has these features.
- Consider your space – Where will you be playing poker? If you are looking for a table top, make note of the space you are using and the size of the table you will be covering with your table top poker table. Don’t forget to account for chairs in your space as well. Many poker tables come with chairs while the table tops will not.
Types of Poker Tables
There are many different types of poker tables on the market to choose from. We have listed the different kinds below so you can learn about each one and see the differences between them.
- Roll up Poker Table Toppers – This table topper is usually blue and has a rubber backing that will stick to any surface you lay it on. The roll up toppers measure 70” x 35” and is water-resistant. You can place these toppers on oblong tables and then when the game is over you can roll them up and store them conveniently where they won’t get ruined. One drawback to this type of poker table top is that they can curl up around the edges and not lay flat.
- Folding Poker Table Top – Table top poker tables that fold up are a popular option for those weekly poker games. Most are octagonal shaped and measure 48” and fit up to 8 people. The green felt featured on these tables gives them a real, poker table feel. Most foldable table top poker tables have chip trays and cup holders as well. They fold up and fit into the included carrying case making transport easy. There are oval models available that can be ordered that even have a padded rail that are a little more expensive.
- Collapsible Poker Table – A collapsible poker table does not need any other table supporting it and is a standalone table that you can use anywhere. They are smaller than professional poker tables and can fit up to 10 players at a table. If you are the house dealer (or someone else is) you may prefer just 9 people with the middle position as the dealer spot. The padded arm rests and lightly padded felt tops make these tables feel almost like the real thing.
- Professional Poker Table – This is the most expensive of all the options but you are getting your money’s worth since you will have a table that will probably last a lifetime. If the felt wears out you can replace it easily. The typical measurements of a professional poker table measure approximately 96” x 48” and can fit 10 players and a dealer without crowding anyone. These tables are lower to the ground and are very sturdy and durable. Professional poker tables usually come with options like cup holders, tip tray, rake slot, and dealer tray that will add to the price but also add to the table’s appeal too.
What to Look before Buying a Poker Table
There are several things you should look for before your purchase a poker table of any kind. In order for you to ensure that you choose the right one, you want to consider these things.
- Playing Frequency – Knowing how often you will be playing will be an important factor in the kind of table that you choose. If you rarely play then using the kitchen table is just fine. If you will be playing weekly, then consider getting a foldable table or a folding table top.
- Size of the playing space – Get a measurement of the room you will be playing poker in. This will help you determine what size table or table topper you have space for. If you are getting a table topper that folds up, measure the table you will be placing the topper on. Don’t forget to allow space for chairs, moving around and extra seating.
- Group Size – How many players do you host on your game nights? Most poker tables can accommodate up to 8 players. Some of the folding table models can accommodate 9 or 10 players. Make sure that the table or topper is sturdy and durable so it can stand up to frequent use. Most folding poker table tops are pretty durable and if they are stored properly when not in use and are not used for things other than card games they will last a long time.
- Felt Surface – The quality of the felt on your table is something you should consider when purchasing a poker table. You want the felt to be as high quality as possible because that will enhance the game when the cards glide smoothly across the felt. High end felt is carved out of the cloth and is made by polyester and olefin. Velveteen felt is a usual choice for lower end tables or roll ups.
- Table shape & Size – Poker tables come in a variety of shapes. The most common shapes are octagonal and oval. Some may be round. Look at the room you are placing the table or topper to determine which shape will work best for your space. If you are setting up a designated poker space you may want to consider a higher end table that looks great and features padded arm rests and other features that will make the space feel like an authentic casino.
Black Felt Poker Table Top Game
Poker is a very popular game that many people enjoy on a formal or informal basis. While most people that play do not intend to go pro, you still want to have a space that gives you the atmosphere of a casino which makes the game better for everyone. With so many different options to choose from you can create a poker game space that you and every one of your card game guests will love.
Black Felt Poker Table Top For Pool Table
The three top rated poker tables we have featured above are all table top models which is one of the most popular poker table styles you can get. People prefer these because most don’t have room in their homes for a full sized poker table to be left up all the time. These foldable, convenient table tops have a lot of great features but can be folded up and put away when the game is not being played.
Another advantage to these three top selections is that you can put them in their carrying bags and take them anywhere you want to go. They are very portable and allow you and your friends to play poker on hunting or fishing trips, tailgating gatherings, or anywhere else you want to play.
The information you have learned about poker tables in this buying guide and through the reviews featured above have provided you with the knowledge you need to determine your needs and choose the right poker table for your game nights.
Felt Poker Table Cover
The right knowledge will prevent you from choosing a table that is not of good quality, or one that does not meet your needs for playing frequency or space. A poker table, even the table top designs, is an investment so you should take care to use the information you have learned in this guide to make the most of the money you spend. The right poker table will provide you with hours of entertainment and enjoyable time with friends.