Chat live online with a professional counsellor, anywhere, anytime
It can be really helpful chatting to a counsellor - speaking to an independent person about your problem can help you look at the situation objectively, particularly if you speak to someone skilled at helping you talk and trained in assessment.
A gambling addiction can impact one's life, financially or otherwise. Learn about gambling problems, how to spot signs of addiction, and how to seek treatment. Gambling Counselling. And how Counselling Help Line Melbourne can help you. Usually an entertainment and social activity, gambling for some can easily become a gambling addiction similar to alcoholism where the need to gamble or the aim of winning a jackpot takes over from the fun and joy of it.
The stigma associated with gambling problems might make it difficult to seek help, but speaking to a professional online can make that step feel less daunting.
NSW Gambling Help. Provides confidential counselling, referral and support to people experiencing gambling related problems. Provides assistance with financial, legal and face-to-face counselling for gamblers, their families and friends. Multilingual crisis counselling also available. National Gambling Helpline - 1800 858 858. The Centre’s gambling help counselling program can assist and support the goal of quitting. The Centre’s gambling help counselling program can assist and support with the Exclusion program run through Clubs NSW. Relapse Prevention strategies are commonly utilized for clients in recovery, who are unstable in the maintenance of abstinence.
- One of the great advantages of online counselling is how convenient and flexible it can be. You can start a session anywhere, at anytime, as long as you have a device that can connect to the internet.
- For many people it takes away barriers they may have in accessing services such as mobility, travelling and waiting lists. It’s also free, other than any data costs you may incur from your internet service provider.
- Our service is open to anyone affected by gambling, including people concerned about their own, or, if you are concerned about a family member or friend. The service is secure and confidential.
- Text/typed conversation between two people can be misinterpreted, or, feelings may not be adequately expressed or explained. If you feel this is the case, seek clarification from the counsellor so you have mutual understanding.
- Speed of typing or getting out of sync. If you feel that you are out of sync with your counsellor let them know, ask them to summarise where you are up to and then slow down and take turns. Our counsellors are trained to do this as well.
- Online communication is not suitable in crisis situations. In a crisis, we recommend seeking other forms of support such as emergency services - 000, or telephone support.
How do I start a chat counselling session?
- Click on “Get Started’ at the bottom of the page.
- Choose between joining our community or starting a single access session.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the basic information we need to begin a counselling session.
- A chat window will open and you can start chatting to your counsellor.
Why join Gambling Help Online?
- Membership gives you access to a range of services including chat sessions, self help modules and the peer to peer forum. All of these services are free.
- You won’t need to repeat your story each time you start a session.
- You can refer back to previous sessions for any helpful tips and referrals.
- It helps track your progress so that you can see how you are going.
So what’s stopping you? Start a chat session today.
Surry Hills, 2010
The Financial and Gambling Counselling Service provides free financial and gambling counselling for people experiencing gambling problems in Sydney's inner city.
- 19 Denham Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone number
While many people gamble for entertainment, a large number of Australians develop gambling habits that impact negatively on themselves, their families and their communities.
Some of the difficulties that come with gambling at problematic levels include:
- Having no money for bills, food or rent
- Health problems, such as stress, depression, loss of sleep and anxiety
- Being at a high risk of losing family, friends, your house or job.
Common reasons people gamble to such lengths include:
- To make quick money
- To relax or get away from life’s stresses or problems
- To fill in time when there’s nothing else to do.
Whatever the reason behind your problem gambling, the longer you continue, the harder it will be to stop. So act now. Call us today to book your first appointment and start taking control of your gambling.
Who we assist
We assist people experiencing gambling problems or experiencing financial problems.
Free Gambling Counselling Sydney Ns
This service can be access by self-referrals and be referrals by other agencies.
Financial and Gambling Counselling Service location
Free Gambling Counselling Sydney Harbour
- Charles Chambers Court, Aged Care (CCC)Housing & homelessnessSurry Hills, NSWLess than 1 km away
- The Shopfront Youth Legal CentreJustice & correctionsDarlinghurst, NSW1 km away
- Mission Australia Housing - VictoriaHousing & homelessnessSydney, NSW1 km away
- Mission Australia Housing - CamperdownHousing & homelessnessSydney, NSW1 km away
- Inner City Sydney Homelessness Service (Youth)Housing & homelessnessKings Cross, NSW1 km away