Responsible for maintaining close, continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and the entire property, in order to protect life, assets and the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
If you’re looking for a job in one of the casinos near San Diego, CA, consider applying at Golden Acorn Casino. We have a number of wonderful career opportunities available for hard-working, fun-loving people like you. Located in the gorgeous Campo Mountains in East County, we’re easily accessible from major freeways like the 8, 10, and 94. Must perform routine cleaning of the Quick Mart to maintain Golden Acorn Casino image. Ascertains that merchandise in the Quick Mart is accurately inventoried and displayed to its' best advantage. Responds to special requests of customers, as well as customer complaints and inquiries in a calm, prompt, courteous manner.
- Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
- Utilizes necessary equipment, to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on property.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
- Protects company assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property, particularly on the gaming floor.
- Supports other Employees, Supervisors and Executives within the company, with regard to protection of assets in their respective departments.
- Maintains or augments skills through review and self-study.
- Coordinates, with the Security Department, when Surveillance discovers a matter, which needs further investigation or attention.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Make suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of company assets in mind.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company's internal controls, policies, and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as surveillance personnel or combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, closed circuit television equipment preferred.
- Must possess excellent observational and communication skills. Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the company or its' customers.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of problems involving several concrete and abstract variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Golden Acorn Casino Jobs Cleveland Ohio
Golden Acorn Casino Jobs Pa
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Golden Acorn Casino Jobs
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Wouldn’t it be fun to play games for a living? If you work on the floor of a fast-paced, high-energy casino, that dream could be a reality. Whether you’re flipping cards, spinning a wheel, or counting chips, there are so many benefits to pursuing a career in the gaming industry.
Below, we’ve put together the top ten reasons to work at a casino.
- Personal interaction. Casino jobs are perfect for people who love spending time with other people. You’re never alone on a casino floor, always socializing with players and working together with other members of your team.
- Variety. It’s hard to get bored when you work in a casino, since no two days are ever the same. Sometimes you’ll engage in fascinating conversations, and other times you’ll get to revel in the joy of watching someone hit the big jackpot. Either way, you’ll always have an interesting story to tell.
- Active lifestyle. Many casino jobs require you to be on your feet, constantly moving around to keep pace with the action on the floor. You get to avoid the dangers of a sedentary lifestyle while enjoying a clean, well-lit, and well-ventilated environment.
- Good benefits. Depending on your employment status and position, you may be eligible for excellent casino benefits, such as health insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, meal allowances, paid time off, and more.
- Room for growth. The gambling industry is thriving, and according to statistics compiled from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, casino revenues have been on the rise in the United States for the past several years. Working in a casino allows you to participate in a dynamic, growing field.
- Mobility. With the growth of the gambling industry come more opportunities for employment. Casino jobs aren’t relegated to Las Vegas or Atlantic City; there are casinos all over the country – including the growing list of California casinos – so your skills will transfer no matter where you choose to live.
- Flexibility. With 24-hour gaming in most casinos, you can usually work flexible shifts to accommodate your own schedule and personal preferences. Night owls can burn the midnight oil, while parents can work around school and childcare hours.
- Tips. Most casino jobs offer competitive base salaries, but as a dealer, you have the added advantage of receiving tips. If you’re friendly and take care of your players, odds are, when they win the big payout, they’ll take care of you, too.
- Low barrier to entry. Casinos offer many entry-level positions that require no more education than a high school diploma or GED. Training is often minimal and can be completed in a matter of weeks, so you can quickly get up-and-running in your new career.
- Fun! There aren’t many other jobs where you get to play all day and get paid. The excitement on a casino floor is contagious, and as a casino worker, you get to experience it all.
Start your career at Golden Acorn Casino
If you’re looking for a job in one of the casinos near San Diego, CA, consider applying at Golden Acorn Casino. We have a number of wonderful career opportunities available for hard-working, fun-loving people like you. Located in the gorgeous Campo Mountains in East County, we’re easily accessible from major freeways like the 8, 10, and 94.
Call (619) 938-6000 to find out more information on how you can join our team.
Disclaimer: This text is purely a perspective based on research using the following sources: