Image source: Flickr
- Hollywood Casino Craps Odds Poker
- Hollywood Casino Craps Odds Real Money
- Hollywood Casino Craps Odds No Deposit
Introduction: Craps Odds Bet
- 6 or 8, you can take 5 times odds. Odds for $5 Pass Line Bet Point Times Odds-Pays Your odds bet for Your Payoff: 4 or 10 3 times pays 2 to 1 $15 $30 5 or 9 4 times pay 3 to 2 $20 $30 6 or 8 5 times pays 6 to 5 $25 $30. Click here to play craps at the BitStarz Casino Read More.
- Ensure you bet the correct multiple to get the full Place odds. If the casino uses the Set #1 Place payoff odds, then: (1) When Place betting the 2 and 12, your bet should be a multiple of 2 (i.e., an even number); and (2) When Place betting the 3 and 11, your bet should be a multiple of $4.
- Most craps tables on the Las Vegas Strip offer 3/4/5 times odds. This means that a player can wager three times the flat bet on a 4 and 10, four times on a five and 9, and five times on a six and eight. The maximum win with odds on any of these numbers equals six times the flat bet.
ODDS: Once a point is made on the first roll or a come point on a succeeding roll, you can take the odds and win if the point or come points are made before a seven. Payoffs are: (6 to 5) on sixes and eights, (3 to 2) on fives and nines, and (2 to 1) on fours and tens. 'Don't Pass' or 'Don't Come' odds are in reverse.
For the sake of brevity, this article assumes that you know the basics of playing craps. The best bet on the craps table has no house edge. No surprise that you didn’t know that. It’s called the “odds bet”. Now, if you know how to play craps, ten you’ll already know that the wagers are placed on Pass or Don’t Pass. Once the new point of 4, 5, 6, 8 , 9 is made, then you can just keep shooting. The craps odds bet, yes the one with no house edge, isn’t mandatory, it’s optional. By the way, to learn more about Craps check out our guides to win the jackpot.
Lowers The Odds
So we now that the Pass Line bet always pays out even money. But the beauty of the craps odds bet is that you are paid out the true odds on the point of rolling. To make the bet, you simply pace your chips behind the original Pass Line bet on the craps table layout. This bet can at least be equal to your Pass Line bet. So if your original wager is for $10, then you can put another $10 behind that wager to take odds. Now the amount you bet is also dependent on the point number.
So, if the point number is 4, 5, 9 or 10, then match your wager. But if the point is 6 or 8, then wager $6 for every $5 you have on the Pass Line. This way, when the shooter makes their point, you get a larger payout.
Pass Line Odds Payoffs
Here’s a helpful little table. If the point is:
4 or 10, you are paid 2 to 1 on your Odds wager.
5 or 9, you are paid 3 to 2 on your Odds wager.
6 or 8. you are paid 6 to 5 on your Odds wager.
It’s common for casinos to allow you to take double odds on your Pass line wager. This means that if you were to put $5 on the Pass Line, then you could make an odds bet of $10. So….your Pass Line bet has a house edge of 1.41%. But the craps odds bet has a big fat zero house edge. So by taking the latter, you lower the former. This means that a Pass Line bet with single odds will have a house edge of 0.85%. With double odds, this house edge drops to 0.61%.
Hollywood Casino Craps Odds Poker
Thanks to the culture of the high roller, casinos are offering ever larger craps odds bets. Many casinos will compete with each other to offer the highest odds, with up to 100x odds possible. Though these look good on paper, obviously these are marketing strategies that are not designed for us mere mortals, but only for those with a massive bankroll. For the others, we can suggest the online jackpot sites.
3-4-5 Times Odds
In order to simplify the odds betting system, many casinos have actually incorporated a simplified craps odds betting system. This allows for only 3, 4 or 5 times a Pass Line bet. So, with this system of play, punters can take 3, 4, or 5 times odds, depending on the point number. You can also choose the odds on Come bets as well.
Hollywood Casino Craps Odds Real Money
So…if the point is::
4 or 10 you can take 3 times odds.
5 or 9, you can take 4 times odds.
6 or 8, you can take 5 times odds.
Craps Odds Bet
Hollywood Casino Craps Odds No Deposit
Odds for $5 Pass Line Bet
Point Times Odds-Pays Your odds bet for Your Payoff:
4 or 10 3 times pays 2 to 1 $15 $30
5 or 9 4 times pay 3 to 2 $20 $30
6 or 8 5 times pays 6 to 5 $25 $30