- Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast Buffet Menu
- Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast Buffet Prices
- Jupiters Casino Gold Coast Seafood Buffet
|The Star Gold Coast|
|Location||Gold Coast, Queensland|
|Address||Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach|
|Opening date||November 1985 (dry run)|
February 1986 (official)
|No. of rooms||592|
|Total gaming space||65,000 sq ft (6,000 m2)|
|Signature attractions||Jupiters Theatre|
|Owner||Star Entertainment Group|
|Previous names||Conrad Jupiters, Jupiters Hotel & Casino|
|Renovated in||2006, 2012, 2017|
|Coordinates||28°01′54″S153°25′44″E / 28.031607°S 153.428750°ECoordinates: 28°01′54″S153°25′44″E / 28.031607°S 153.428750°E|
The Star Gold Coast (formerly Jupiters Hotel and Casino) is a casino and hotel located in the suburb of Broadbeach on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. The casino, which was Queensland's first, is situated next to the Nerang River and is operated by Star Entertainment Group. It opened in February 1986 as Conrad Jupiters. In 2017 it was rebranded as The Star, Gold Coast.
One per cent of the casino's gross gaming revenue is deposited in the Gambling Community Benefit Fund. This fund was established in 1987, supports non-profit community-based groups and is administered by the Government of Queensland.
Jupiters Casino Seafood Buffet Gold Coast, top casino online australia players, online poker um echtes geld spielen, poker free app. Prepare your senses for overload at the Gold Coast’s ultimate buffet experience. From the freshest seafood like oysters, prawns, sushi, crabs and mussels, to roasts from the carvery as well as crowd-pleasers like pizza, pasta, curries, soups and salads, there's something guaranteed to tickle your fancy. Eat-All-You-Can Lunch Date with Uncle Pete and Auntie Jhe at Food Fantasy, Jupiters Casino, Gold Coast. Gold Coast / It is an icon with title Chevron Right. Food fantasy, food fantasy menu, jupiters casino buffet, food fantasy broadbeach qld, food fantasy jupiters. The Star Gold Coast Conrad Jupiters Casino, Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Queensland QLD 4218 Australia +61 7 5592 8443 Website Closed now: See all hours All photos (175).
The seven acre complex includes eight bars, seven restaurants, conference facilities, a ballroom, theatre, health spa and gym. The hotel, with 592 rooms, stands 66 metres (216 feet) and has 21 floors. The complex is governed under the Jupiters Casino Agreement Act.
Jupiters Theatre underwent a $20 million makeover and expansion and re-opened in June, 2012. The redevelopment of the theatre resulted in the capacity more than doubling to accommodate 2,000 seated or 2,300 general admission guests and the theatre viewing experience will be improved through state-of-the-art technologies and architecture.
The theatre redevelopment includes the creation of a balcony level with up to 300 seats, VIP Hospitality rooms for pre- and post-event functions, new bars on the balcony and orchestra level, new toilets on the balcony and orchestra level, purpose built integrated movie projection booth, multi-purpose mechanical thrust stage, the enhancement of disability access to all areas, and increased dressing room space.
In 2008, Jupiters ceased producing shows in-house and now presents international shows such as Mother Africa, ABBA Revival, Burn The Floor, Dance of Desire, and STOMP.
Conrad Jupiters Casino opened on 22 November 1985. It was included in the November 2003 merger of Jupiters with Tabcorp In April 2010 it was rebranded as Jupiters Hotel & Casino. In 2011 it became part of Echo Entertainment Group when Tabcorp listed its casino assets.
Jupiters Hotel & Casino made headlines in 1995 when then Brisbane Broncos Rugby League player Julian O'Neill urinated on the carpet under a black jack table on two separate occasions. Both Jupiters Hotel & Casino and the Treasury Casino in Brisbane were used for money laundering by welfare recipients on behalf of organised crime syndicates, from May 2006 to November 2007.
Between 1993 and 2001, the casino was defrauded of $5.7 million when corrupt casino staff and food suppliers fabricated food orders and invoices. In 2009, a court heard that senior management tried to prevent a proper investigation and that the police major fraud squad became involved in 2003.
In 2008, security staff at the casino and other venues took part in a trial of head mounted cameras which were worn over the ear. The devices were used to record video and audio evidence of incidents and raised privacy concerns due to a lack of laws regarding their use. In 2009, Office of Gaming acting executive director Barry Grimes criticised the casino's internal controls and procedures relating to excluded persons gaining entry to the casino.
The complex underwent renovations in 2006. $53 million was spent on refurbishment of the casino. The two gaming floors are now one and the size is just over double of what it was. Level Two became the brand new Gold Club room. A new restaurant, balconies, and two new bars were included in the renovation. By 2008, 442 of the hotel rooms were completely refurbished at the cost of $16 million. The hotel front office and lobby bar were also renovated.
In August 2015, work commenced on a $345 million redevelopment of the casino including the construction of a 17 storey tower.
Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast Buffet Menu
Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast Buffet Prices
- ^From Jupiters to the Star and beyond: Gold Coast's casino turns 30Archived 7 November 2015 at the Wayback MachineBrisbane Times 5 November 2015
- ^'About us: Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund'. The State of Queensland (Queensland Treasury). Archived from the original on 19 February 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- ^Lucy Ardern (22 October 2010). 'Jupiters plans bypass council'. goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. Archived from the original on 25 October 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Suzanne Simonot (25 August 2011). 'Jupiters Theatre in for $20m makeover'. goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Jupiters Casino and Resort to get new name as part of redevelopmentGold Coast Bulletin 28 August 2015
- ^ abJupiter's, Queensland's first casino, marks 30th anniversaryArchived 9 August 2016 at the Wayback MachineABC News 23 November 2015
- ^Former Jupiters investorsArchived 25 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine Tabcorp
- ^Conrad Treasury Brisbane and Conrad Jupiters Gold Coast RebrandArchived 30 June 2016 at the Wayback MachineSpice News 30 March 2010
- ^Daniel Sankey (15 September 2008). 'Broncos bad boys'. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 26 November 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- ^Greg Stolz (12 August 2009). 'Jupiters Casino staff in scam case'. The Courier-Mail. Queensland Newspapers. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Samantha Healy (13 July 2008). 'Nightclub head-cam concerns'. The Sunday Mail. Queensland Newspapers. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Patrick Lion (11 July 2009). 'Queensland casinos 'use rewards to lure back problem gamblers''. news.com.au. News Limited. Archived from the original on 30 January 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^ abShannon Molloy (21 August 2008). 'Conrad Jupiter's $16m facelift'. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- ^Construction Starts on $345 Million Gold Coast Jupiters Casino ExpansionUrban Developer 17 August 2015
Media related to Jupiters Hotel and Casino at Wikimedia Commons