|Defunct||2007 (in Poland)|
|Jean-Charles Naouri (CEO)|
Leader Price, (full name: Société S.A. Leader Price Holding), is a Frenchdiscount store chain of the Groupe Casino, headquartered in Paris, France.
In September 1989, Leader Price was created after the opening of the first store in Paris by Jean Baud and Albert Baussan. From 1989, the chain primarily extended in Paris, with the American group TLC Beatrice becoming the main shareholder.
In September 1997, the Casino group took over Leader Price, with 250 stores (and Franprix, 400 stores) from TLC Beatrice, and opened Leader Price in Belgium.
The sale of discount chain Leader Price marks the latest in a series of disposals by Casino as part of plans to cut debt and improve its financial position. Casino has often struggled within the.
- The source said both parties agreed on a 750 million euro ($834 million) value for Leader Price, but the deal is not yet signed. Casino declined to comment on the matter. Aldi did not immediately.
- Leader Price is France’s first discount banner to offer drive-through service, now available at over 100 stores. To enhance its relationship with customers and meet their emerging needs, Leader Price has launched a new concept in France designed to satisfy demand for local convenience, discounts and low prices: Leader Price Express.
Leader Price Et Casino Entertainment
In March 2010, the chain modernized and changed its logo to a more simple one. Leader Price now has over 500 stores in France.
At the end of November 2020, German discount giant Aldi Nord announced that it had agreed to buy 547 Leader Price stores plus three logistics centers. The purchase prices was to be € 717 million and the stores are expected to be integrated into Aldi by 2021.
Leader Price around the world
|United Arab Emirates||2019||8|
- ^'Mentions légalesArchived 2009-05-09 at the Wayback Machine.' Leader Price. Retrieved on 24 June 2010. '4 Rue Galilée, 75116 Paris'
- ^'List of stores in France'. LeaderPrice.fr. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Leader Price(in French)
- Leader Price Belgium(in French)
- Leader Price Martinique(in French)
- Leader Price Argentina(in Spanish)
True to its mission to give everyone access to high quality at the lowest prices, Leader Price is currently the most affordable food banner in France. The banner has assertively expanded its store network, boasting a total of 1,001 sales outlets in France as of 31 December 2014. Leader Price is France’s first discount banner to offer drive-through service, now available at over 100 stores.
To enhance its relationship with customers and meet their emerging needs, Leader Price has launched a new concept in France designed to satisfy demand for local convenience, discounts and low prices: Leader Price Express.
Nearly 62% of today’s consumers shop at convenience stores and 71% appreciate their accessibility, people-scale format and extended opening hours.
Leader Price Et Casino Montreal
Based on this observation, last July Leader Price launched the pilot phase of Leader Price Express, a new banner with a unique offering and positioning.
Leader Price Et Casino No Deposit
Leader Price Express has enhanced the existing Leader Price store network and strengthened its presence in local retail. The new convenience banner shares Leader Price’s values:
- Year-round low prices
- High-quality products and a fast shopping experience
- Stores with surface areas ranging from 75 to 300 square meters
- A simple, modern, elegant concept suited to the needs of urban shoppers
- A broad, varied offering ranging from 1,180 products at small outlets to 2,900 at 300-sq.m stores
- Assortments in which over 80% of items are Leader Price private-label products.
Following the successful pilot launch, Leader Price has stepped up the development of Leader Price Express, which had 240 outlets in France as of year-end 2014.
Leader Price, a banner committed to quality
Leader Price has built a powerful image of quality and choice in the discount market since it was created in 1990. Underpinned by a focus on everyday low prices on all products, Leader Price provides a carefully selected range of high-quality items that are perfectly suited to the needs of customers, while also offering an efficient, enjoyable shopping experience. The banner has a line-up of over 3,500 items, of which 80% are Leader Price-label products, 10% Le Prix Gagnant products and 10% national brand products. All share a commitment to health, taste, products grown or made in France, safety and traceability.
The banner’s partnership with French food critic and television personality Jean-Pierre Coffe demonstrates that quality is a question of choice. Mr. Coffe participates actively in the development and validation of core Leader Pricelabel products and other specific labels (regional, organic, special occasion and Italian). This partnership has developed through an in-depth process to lift Leader Price products to ever-higher levels of quality and taste.