- The audio/modem riser, also known as an AMR, is a riser expansion slot found on the motherboards of some Pentium III, Pentium 4, Duron, and Athlon personal computers.It was designed by Intel to interface with chipsets and provide analog functionality, such as sound cards and modems, on an expansion card.
- Define time slot. Time slot synonyms, time slot pronunciation, time slot translation, English dictionary definition of time slot. Period of time during which certain activities are governed by specific regulations.
Five Reels – this type of online slot machines can have up to fifty paylines and a multitude of possible winning combinations, also called “ways to win”. This is a major inequality in the gameplay, as compared to the old three reel machines. Get Polish Zloty rates, news, and facts. Also available are Poland Zloty services like cheap money transfers, a PLN currency data, and more.
Polski LotekAlso found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
|Noun||1.||time slot - a time assigned on a schedule or agenda; 'the TV program has a new time slot'; 'an aircraft landing slot'|
interval, time interval - a definite length of time marked off by two instants
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
Link to this page:
The audio/modem riser, also known as an AMR , is a riserexpansion slot found on the motherboards of some Pentium III, Pentium 4, Duron, and Athlonpersonal computers. It was designed by Intel to interface with chipsets and provide analog functionality, such as sound cards and modems, on an expansion card.
Physically, it has two rows of 23 pins, making 46 pins total. Three drawbacks of AMR are that it eliminates one PCI slot, it is not plug and play, and it does not allow for hardware accelerated cards (only software-based).
Technologically, it has been superseded by the Advanced Communications Riser (ACR) and Intel's own Communications and Networking Riser (CNR). However, riser technologies in general never really took off. Modems generally remained as PCI cards while audio and network interfaces were integrated on to motherboards.
- Advanced Communications Riser (ACR)
- Communications and Networking Riser (CNR)
- ^ ab'Definition of riser card'. PC Magazine. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- ^'Audio Modem Riser (AMR)'. Techopedia. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- 'Audio/Modem Riser Specification'(PDF). Revision 1.01. Intel. September 10, 1998.