- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Tournament
- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker R Rules
- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Tournaments
- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker R Free
- Best Starting Hands In Texas Hold'em
- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Pokerer
- Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Wsop
I wanted to include something a bit more exciting in this article, so here’s the top 20 No Limit Hold’em starting hands in terms of raw all-in equity (or percentages). Although the order of the best poker hands to start with is sometimes contested, this list will give you a rough idea of which hands are stronger than others. Poker Hand Rankings - Texas Holdem Starting Hands Chart. At the bottom of this page is a comprehensive listing of Texas Hold'em starting hands based on their EV (expected value). Expected value is the average number of big blinds this hand will make or lose. Apr 22, 2015 Setting aside the idea of actually ranking the 169 hands from best to worst, we might think for a moment about other ways of categorizing starting hands in hold’em, using that initial breakdown.
The Top Texas Holdem Poker Starting Hands
Poker Starting Hands - Comprehensive guide to which poker hands you should play, including a 2020 Texas Hold'em poker starting hands chart. Ever since the early days of Texas holdem poker, players have attempted to analyze and organize the 169 possible two card starting hands found in the game. One traditional way of doing so involves running thousands upon thousands of simulations in which a particular holdem hand is played out against nine random opponent hands.
Every Poker player knows that you don’t play every hand you’re dealt. But, how do you know which hands to play and which to fold?
Best Starting Hands in Texas Holdem Poker to Play
How do you know which starting hands to play?
This is a question that every poker player, amateur or professional, should always be prepared for at the start of every hand, fundamental to poker strategy. You do not want to play every hand, you must know when to fold. If you know which starting hands to play, you can conduct the game in your favour.
Learn Texas Holdem Poker
Here are the Top 10 Best Starting Hands in Texas Hold’em Poker-
- AA – Pocket Aces or Bullets is the strongest starting hand in poker. Play Strongly, But bear in mind – even though it’s is the best starting hand, you will be left with only one pair if the board doesn’t improve.
- KK – Pocket Kings or Cowboys – The second-best starting hand after Aces. But if an Ace turns up post-flop, you will lose to anyone holding a single Ace in their starting hand.
- QQ – Pocket Queens or Ladies – the third best starting hand with a winning probability of 80% pre-fop.
- JJ – Pocket Jacks or Fishhooks – Pre-flop, it has a 78% chance of winning and is still a still a very strong hand. Be mindful of opponents.
- AKs – Big Slick – Ace King suited is the top unpaired starting hand to have in a game of poker. Also called Anna Kournikova or Kalashnikov (AK rifle) by recreational players
- Ts – TNT or Tension. The nickname for Pocket Tens is because having a pair of tens pre-flop is tense because of the high chance of overcards.
- AQs – Big Chick – Ace Queen suited is another hand with the potential to win the pot.
- AKo – Big Slick – Ace King off-suits also rank high in the chart and is capable of winning at least 40% of the time against any other hand (except aces or kings).
- AJs – Armani Jeans – Ace and Jack suited is better than most other hands. However, if an opponent raises from early position, proceed with caution.
- KQs – Marriage – King and Queen suited is a strong hand that can end up a making Royal Flush.
Other Possible Hands–
- Suited Connectors (98s, 76s, T9s)
- Offsuit Connectors (T9o, 98o, 54o, JTo)
- Suited Gappers (97s, T8s, KJs)
*s refers to suited cards (of the same suit)
*o refers to off-suited cards (of different suits)
There are a possible 169 non-equivalent starting hands (ignoring specific suits) in a standard 52-card deck in Texas Hold’em Poker. So, here’s a chart with detailing the win percentage of Texas Holdem starting hands-
Top Texas Holdem Starting Hands You Should Pray For
- Every player is dealt two cards face down
- Five community cards are placed on the table (whose value is shown as the round progresses).
- All players try to make the best five-card combination from among the board and personal cards and bet on the same.
- Best hand at the end of the round is declared the winner(s) and wins the pot.
It’s only by knowing how to master the basics do you become a poker player who is taken very seriously by his/her opponents. Learn more about the basics of poker-
Poker Diaries: Online Poker vs Offline Poker – The Similarities, The Differences
Poker Diaries: When To Bet & When To Fold With The PreFlop Range Chart
Poker Diaries: Different Types of Poker Playing Styles & Personality
Poker Diaries: Importance of Playing in Position
Poker Diaries: What Are Outs & How To Calculate Them?
Poker Diaries: What are Pot Odds and Equity?
These are the traditional poker hand rankings, which are used in the most popular variants of poker (such as Texas Hold‘em).
Whether you’re looking to learn how poker hands rank or what beats what in poker, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get started.
Poker Hands from Highest to Lowest
The following poker hand rankings relate to more traditional and popular game types, including:
- No Limit Hold’em
- Limit Hold’em
- Pot Limit Omaha
- 5 Card Draw
The hands are ranked from strongest to weakest.
1. Royal Flush
The best hand possible, a royal flush consists of A, K, Q, J and 10, all of the same suit (extremely rare).
2. Straight Flush
Also very rare, a straight flush consists of any straight that is all the same suit.
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Tournament
3. Four of a Kind
Four of a kind, or ‘quads’, consists of four cards of equal value along with another card known as a side card.
4. Full House
A full house consists of three cards of one value and two cards of another.
A flush is a hand which has all cards of the same suit.
If 2 or more players get to showdown with a flush, the flush with the highest card wins.
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker R Rules
A straight has 5 cards of consecutive value that are not all the same suit.
Note that an Ace can be either the high or low end of a straight, but not both at once. So, A-K-Q-J-10 and 5-4-3-2-A are valid straights, but 2-A-K-Q-J is not. 5-4-3-2-A is also known as the wheel, and it is the lowest possible straight.
7. Three of a Kind
Also known as ‘trips’, three of a kind is 3 cards of the same value and 2 side cards of different values.
8. Two Pair
Two pair consists of two cards of equal value, another two cards of equal value, and one extra card.
When two opposing players have two pair, the player with the highest pair wins the pot. For example, Aces and Threes beats Kings and Queens. If both players have the same highest pair, the player with the higher second pair wins. If both players have the exact same two pair, then the player with the higher extra card wins.
9. One Pair
One pair consists of two cards of the same value, and three extra cards. This is the lowest ranking “made” hand.
10. High Card
Five cards that do not interact with each other to make any of the above hands.
Tie-breakers and Kickers
In the event multiple players have the same poker hands, the extra cards come in to play. These cards are called ‘kickers’. The player with the higher kicker will take the pot in this event.
No Limit Hold’em Example: Player AandPlayer B
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Tournaments
- Player A has K♥ 9♥
- Player B has A♠ K♦
- The flop, turn and river are K♠-T♣-T♦–4♠-2♣
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker R Free
This means the player’s final poker hands are:
- Player A: K♥ K♠ T♣ T♦ 9♥ for Two Pair, Kings and Tens with a Nine kicker
- Player B: K♦ K♠ T♣ T♦ A♠ for Two Pair, Kings and Tens with an Ace kicker
The winner of the pot is Player B because he has Player A ‘out-kicked’.
Best Starting Hands In Texas Hold'em
In a high card or one pair hand tie-breaker, both players can sometimes have the same kicker. In this case the second kicker is used, and then the third, and so on. If both players’ 5 card hands are identical, then they share the pot equally.
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Pokerer
Top 20 Best Texas Hold’em Hands Rankings
I wanted to include something a bit more exciting in this article, so here’s the top 20 No Limit Hold’em starting hands in terms of raw all-in equity (or percentages).
Although the order of the best poker hands to start with is sometimes contested, this list will give you a rough idea of which hands are stronger than others.
Top 20 Best Starting Hands For Texas Holdem Poker Wsop
I hope you enjoyed this list of poker hands rankings!